Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Trip to Philly with Chimmy!


Two of our good friends, Charlotte and Timmy, were visiting from San Diego last month. Charlotte is the sister of my sister-in-law Eugena. We were able to spend a couple of days with them. I was able to take them to Philly one day. Timmy served his mission in Philly so he played tour guide. He took us to two places that I had not been too before: the Masonic Temple and Gooey Looeys. We got cheesesteaks at Gooey Looeys. They were good, but I have still yet to find my favorite cheesesteak.


The tour of the Masonic Temple was really interesting. There were a couple of different rooms. I thought that this one was the coolest; it's called the Egyptian Room.


The best part of the entire trip was at the Masonic Temple there was a 1842 Nauvoo Edition of the Book of Mormon. The librarian let us look through it and hold it. We sat in reverenced awe as we looked through it. The other people in the library kept looking at us like we were odd but we didn't care. It was a very special experience to be able to hold something from such an early important time of church history.

No comments: