Sunday, August 9, 2009

Roman Shades

To help improve the look of our apartment and to allow the optimal amount of light into the living room, I decided to upgrade our panel drapes for some Roman Shades. The house that we lived in in Orem had roman shades and they did not seem like they would be that hard to make (which is cheaper than buying them). With a little help from HGTV this is what I did.


This is what I had to start with. We used one panel for the living room and the other for the bedroom. The roman shade in the bedroom was my practice. I was pleased with the way the ones for the living room turned out.



I really like the way that roman shades are able to be pulled up out of the way. That way I can get more light for my plants. Here is another good site with hints on how to make roman shades.
I did make a couple of adjustments to the shades that I made to simplify them slightly.

3 comments:

rob said...

awwwww, look at you... being all domestic...

Nanci and Steve said...

They look great. Your picture is coming this week. I haven't forgotten, they couldn't print it last time I tried.

"B" said...

They are really cute. I'm impressed!!!