Monday, November 3, 2008

We've had a birthday, shout HOORAY!!

So last week Kellen and I celebrated our birthdays. We both hit the quarter century mark. Kellen's birthday was Monday. He doesn't like to make a big deal out of it so I just made him a special dinner and a cake. Which he ate the entire thing in two days. Not a little 8" round cake mind you but a whole 9x13" cake. The real crime here is that he can do that and still stay as thin as he is. My birthday was Saturday. I had the day off so we decided to take a trip to the temple. We are in the Washington D.C. temple district so we drove three hours each way to get to the temple. It was good for me to have to drive that far. I have been spoiled living in Utah where there are more than six temples within a 200 mile radius. We did an endowment session and sealings. It was really nice. I have not been to the temple since we moved and have really missed it. When we got back to Lehigh Valley we stopped at two stores so that I could spend some of my birthday money on some new clothes. We finished off the day with cheesecake, my absolute favorite. All in all we had great birthdays. Thanks to those who called and sent presents. To those of you who slacked off we expect a better response from you next year.

4 comments:

Shanshine said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sounds like things are going well!!

Save some cake for me, i'm on my way.

seth said...

Bonne fete!!

rob said...

You had a birthday and I wasn't invited?

Eugie said...

crap, I was the one who slacked off...next year I will blow your mind with birthday awesomeness. happy birthday...not belated but early for 09.