Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Taking on the Big Apple

Kellen says: Ride Fast, Be Fabulous!
This past weekend was Fall Break at my school giving me a long weekend. So Kellen and I went into the Big Apple. We drove to Newark where we caught a train into the city. We then bought all day subway passes and took on the city. We met up with John Miner, a friend from BYU, and he gave us a whirlwind tour. We also met up with Kellen's uncle Randy and had lunch. He took us to this hamburger place in this really nice hotel. It was really funny. We walked into this real fancy hotel , went through the lobby and went behind this curtain to a literal hole in the wall place. I was shocked when I saw but they were great burgers. We walked through Central Park, visited the American Natural History Museum, saw St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, Time Square, New York Stock Exchange, Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan Temple. We did not get to see everything that we wanted to but we will be going back and we welcome anyone to come with us.
Kellen's uncle Randy

This is a view of the skyline from the top of John's apartment building.

Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge.

Rockefeller Center

American Natural History Museum. This is the museum from the movie, Night at the Museum. It looks nothing like the movie on the inside.


The Natural History Museum had these scales all over the floor in the Space exhibit. Boy am I glad that we don't live on a neutron star. Talk about needing to lose a few trillion pounds.
Manhattan Temple

John and Kellen in Time Square.

We did not make it over to Liberty and Ellis Island this trip, but that small thing in the background is the Statue of Liberty. It really was a lot bigger in real life. So you know, Kellen is doing Blue Steel.

9 comments:

Roselle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shauna said...

um, that comment was long and weird and i didnt read it all but...WOW.

Ive always thought you needed to lose a few trillion pounds. BAHAHAHA stupid joke. Im glad you had fun in NY, my trip to NY was filled with heat, sweat, filth and crowds. Not as fun as yours, obviously.

Lyd Stew said...

Rachel- Fun blog! Looks like you guys have been on some fun adventures! Hey- can I put this link on our '02 class blog? I have a link to it on my blog if you want to see it. Mine is dougandlydstew.blogspot.com

Ashley Robinson said...

hey rach! Good to see you have a blog! mine is mitchnash.blogspot.com! keep in touch!

Kristi said...

How fun! Man New York looks awesome. Our blog is kingstonandkristi.blogspot.com. You guys look great- sounds like life is good. How long have you been riding? I am sort of trying to get into it (slowly)- I just can't stand running. Any advice on a bike (like what should I be looking for on a budget?) Your husband looks really familiar, I wonder if I had classes or something with him at good ole BYU. Anyway, I'm excited you have a blog! ;)

Kristi

Carlee said...

Yay for blogging! You guys look like you are in love!! :) Fun Times! Our blog is carpentersinsf.blogspot.com. I think you already knew that!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Wow it's been a long time... I didn't know you lived in PA, what part...we might be close! I stay right by Cleveland.

megan b. said...

I'm so glad I found your blog so we can keep up with eachother! you guys are looking so good!

on the rivet with J~D Liddell said...

Looks like a fun trip! Glad you put the pic of the temple, never thought where or how one would fit in a Big city!