After many late night talks, a lot of sincere meditation, and long hours looking for the perfect fit I am excited to tell you that Kellen and I have taken the step and added another bike to our family. We are officially a five bike family!! Kellen and I realized last fall, after I experienced mountain biking for the first time, that we still had a lot of love in our hearts and time that we felt like we could share with another special bike. We have been trying to figure out how to make it work and our tax return was the answer we had been looking for. We found our new little guy at
Saucon Valley Bikes and I instantly bonded with him and knew that I wanted to take him home. He's a Yukon Giant, with a RockShox Dart suspension fork, Shimano components, and Hayes MX-4 mechanical disc brakes. Andre was excited to have another Giant in the family, while Mootsie just snubbed him (which she does to any bike not made of titanium). The others bikes have yet to form any real opinion of him. With our family growing to seven, our apartment is starting to feel a little crowded. We will only have to endure for a couple more weeks until we move to our new 3 bedroom home. Our plan is to have a road room and a mountain room. We are really excited about this new wonderful blessing in our life. Even though we just added another member to our family, we realize our family is still not complete. We know that there are still more amazing bikes out there waiting to be brought into our home, to be loved and taken care of.
We would like to thank each of you for being so supportive and helpful through this whole process. We would love to get together with everyone and introduce to our new little bundle of aluminum-framed joy. If you missed my Bike Shower don't worry, you can still send gifts. I am still in need of a pair of stellar shoes, new pedals, tickets to The Tour, a
Garmin Kit, and
Rapha kit for the proud new father.

4 comments:
This is fun, but I'm looking for the real news we want you share with us (AKA you April Fool's joke that I only believed for 1/2 a second). Another cousin would be a great use for a 2nd or 3rd bedroom... Miss you guys.
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Is it made in Taiwan? The first area of my mission had a Giant factory (referring to both the size of the plant and the items being manufactured).
2. You're moving? What is this going to do to Kellen and my post-card chess game? I just pre-addressed my next five postcards too...
3. What about the baby's room? Will there be space enough in this new mansion of yours for offspring? The world needs a Kellen Jr.
Awesome...ya gotta love mountain biking. That's exciting that you are moving into a house too!
Post a Comment