Kellen has been "suggesting" for a while that he thinks I should cut my hair shorter. Which I was not totally against, but I decided I would make my hair cut a profitable experience for me. I love it when Kellen lets his hair grow out shaggy and has a beard but he feels like he needs to look more clean cut and respectable with his calling (Executive Secretary). So I told Kellen that if he would let his hair grow out and have a beard over the next two months during field season I would cut my hair shorter. He agreed to the deal and left for Italy with a promise to have beard waiting for me when I arrive. I started to ask my friends who they went to to get their hair done. My friend Blair suggested I go to a stylist who does the Locks of Love program. She said it's a great program because you get your hair done at a really nice salon, FOR FREE, and your hair is donated to disadvantaged children suffering from permanent hair loss. The only drawback, you have to donate a minimum of 8-10 inches. WHAT!! I wanted to cut my hair not chop it off. We continued to talk about it and before I knew it I was at the salon talking to a stylist about possible hairstyle options and making the appointment for the next day. I had committed to chop 8-10 inches off my hair.
I called my mom and sister for support and reassurance about my decision. When I talked to Kellen and told him what I was going to do he sounded nervous and told me that he didn't mean for me to cut that much off. That didn't help my confidence. I just kept telling myself that it was for a good cause and I already had the appointment so I couldn't back out. When I got to the salon the hairstylist was great. She was really excited about giving me a new cut which helped me to be excited.
After a quick pre-cut snapshot my hair was washed, sectioned into four long ponytails, and chopped off. I kept staring at the ponytails in shock at the amount of hair no longer attached to my head. Now these ponytails don't look long, but they were about the length of my forearm.
I called my mom and sister for support and reassurance about my decision. When I talked to Kellen and told him what I was going to do he sounded nervous and told me that he didn't mean for me to cut that much off. That didn't help my confidence. I just kept telling myself that it was for a good cause and I already had the appointment so I couldn't back out. When I got to the salon the hairstylist was great. She was really excited about giving me a new cut which helped me to be excited.
After a quick pre-cut snapshot my hair was washed, sectioned into four long ponytails, and chopped off. I kept staring at the ponytails in shock at the amount of hair no longer attached to my head. Now these ponytails don't look long, but they were about the length of my forearm.
She took 10 inches off the back and 9 inches off the front and gave me a haircut that I totally love!!! I can't believe that I was so nervous to do this. It is a short, fun, easy haircut that makes me want to go out and show it off. Now you may have noticed that I haven't included a picture post-cut. I want it to be a surprise for Kellen when I see him and I know he will check her to see if I posted any pictures. So check back; I will post pictures after Kellen has seen it. If you feel like to just can't wait until then, e-mail me and I will send you some.
3 comments:
Please Please send a picture. I'd love to see how cute you are now!
It is SUPER adorable! Kellen is going to LOVE it!!
Love the hair! It's taken me too freaking long to grow mine I can't imagine cutting it off. Yours looks fab!
Great to see you last week. Let me know when you are in town again and let's for sure get together.
Post a Comment