For the past seven months I have been serving as the Primary Chorister for our ward. All that changed about a week ago when I was called to serve as the Second Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency. I am super stoked about my new calling. I loved being in the Primary but being in YW's is something I have wanted to do for a while. I am over the Beehives which only has two girls right now. Our YW's program is actually pretty small, we only have 6 girls that come every week to church and activities. So if you have any advice on fun Mutual activities or getting less actives to come more regularly I would love to hear them. I hope all is going well with all of you and that you are taking time each day to enjoy your life.
P.S. Today I am making pizza from scratch for dinner. Don't you just love pizza!
3 comments:
I hear serving in Young Womens is Kellen's dream calling as well...
Oh you will love it!!! i am the Beehives Advisor (I love working with our 2nd Counselor, she's awesome so it makes it easy). Its funny how in the manual it says "Don't be alarmed, their humor may seem ridiculous to you..." That is definitely the case. Have fun with all of it. My 2 things of advice: 1- Only text them about rides/picking them up/activity, not friendly texts (another leader got really burned when something was taken out of context on purpose by one of the YW, but it strained relationships with their parents), and 2- become their friends on facebook. Anyway I know you'll have a blast!
Oh- they are lucky to have you! I bet you are so great! Best of luck! (And yes- pizza is fabulous! Pass on your recipe!)
Post a Comment