Wednesday, July 8, 2009
I need your help!!!
Okay so we got back last week to Pennsylvania and moved into our new place. We now live in Graduate Student housing for Lehigh University. Be that it is student housing, we knew that it was going to be a step down from our last place but the price was super cheap and there is a shuttle that can take Kellen to work. Now that I am here and starting to organize all of our stuff I am starting to think that I am definitely going to need some help and advice to get this place looking nice. So that is where all of you come in. If you know of any cheap tricks to liven up a room, websites with good hints, or have done things that worked well for you I would love to know them. I have some ideas of my own and I will be posting them along with pictures to see what people think. Constructive opinions are appreciated. So you have an idea of what I am dealing with let me describe my apartment to you: We have two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a combined living room-kitchen space that all need help. Mostly there are cinder block walls with a couple of plaster walls; all painted a creamy off white color (I can't paint). If any of you have ever been in the older section of the Wymount Apartments at BYU, just picture that but without being really kept up for the past few years. Okay, got the picture? Well then, start posting all those wonderful ideas that I know that you all have. Remember being budget friendly is the name of the game. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I've found knocking out any walls separating the living room from the bathroom really gives you that "open" feeling I know we are all looking for...
i think you saw what we did to spice up our wymount apartment to get around the no paint rule. buy a huge wall painting to cover most of a wall (remember our new york poster?) and youre finished decorating that whole wall and your got your focal point. ikea has some cheap ones! good luck!
Thanks for the help HR. I knew you come through for me on this one.
I have seen people buy a big pack of scrapbook paper and tape it to the wall almost like bricks. :) Or buy some cheap fabric (or a big canvas) and staple it to the wall..or the ceiling as close to the wall as you can. Good luck!
Rachel,
Fine jobs on the Roman Shade. You might want to go to: http://www.hgtv.com/ and on that sight go to Rate My Space. You can post pictures of your space and people will rate it and also give you suggestions. You might also find some ideas that you like there, too.
Nancy
Rachel...my sister runs a room design website. It is all about using what you have and a few design principles to make the room look nice. check it out, she is really good.
http://imaginecozy.blogspot.com
Post a Comment