Kellen and I went to Maryland for Easter weekend. We went to the temple and met up with the Captain, the Queen, Skillz, and his lady friend for a day of LAX games. Fun was had by all.
I had a really neat experience at the temple. Due to a shortage of temple workers, I was not able to do initiatories so I decided to read my scriptures and wait for Kellen outside. As I was walking outside this gentleman with his young son walked up to me and asked if this was a Mormon temple. I said yes and started to talk to him. Come to find out he only lived about mile away from the temple and he passed it everyday and his son always asked him what it was so he decided to stop and find out. I taught him about temples and the Restoration and Joseph Smith. His son was getting impatient but I convinced him to come with me to the visitor's center so that he could get some more information. In the visitor's center he gave his information to a sister missionary and said that he would like missionaries to come and teach him about the Book of Mormon. He gave me his business card when he left and asked me to stay in touch with him. It was such an amazing experience. Just like being a missionary all over again.
We watched two LAX games; Navy v. Army and Johns Hopkins v. Maryland. It was a day of rivals. Of course it was a beautiful day on Friday and another nice day on Sunday but on Saturday we had to battle the rain all morning. Our tickets were for seats that were closer but we moved to be under an overhang. The rain did stop with about three minutes to go in the second game and the sun came out but it only hit the other side of the stadium. Navy beat Army by a couple of points. The game between Hop and Maryland was closer with Hop beating Maryland by only 1 in the last few minutes.
1 comment:
I found you and now I can stalk your life :) How are you? Looks like life is happy for you! Just wanted to say hi!
Post a Comment