Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Undergraduate Conference in Women's Studies

This past semester I wrote a paper for one of my nursing classes on sexual violence.  My teacher encouraged me to submit it for the Undergraduate Women's Conference.  I took her advice and did so.  Well, I found out last weekend that my paper was chosen and I will be presenting my paper on March 28th at Lehigh University.  I will have 15 minutes to present and will participate in a question and answer panel.  I have never thought of myself as a strong writer so I was very surprised and happy to be chosen.  Kellen really helped me last semester to develop my skills as a writer and edited all of my papers.  I have attached a picture of the poster advertising the conference.  The title of my paper is Sexual Violence in America.

Here is the website: http://cas.lehigh.edu/CASWebAdmin/Uploads/Documents/Departments/WStudies/15thUWSConf-PosterWithBorder

5 comments:

HR said...

Lehigh University? Thats a funny name for a school. I wonder what type of Riffraff they let in there...

seth said...

Congrats! That's pretty cool.

Stubbs Love said...

awesome job! What a great feeling!Congrats

Kim said...

Wow! Rachel that is AWESOME! Congrats! (This is Kim Smith, I just found your blog!) Good luck!!!

Eugie said...

That is awesome. Good job!